Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smorehouse

Re: Roku Ultra stuck in a continual update loop

Jump to solution

My Roku Express is having the same issue. Can I get some help with that?

0 Kudos
Kents
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why in the world isn't there a real solution to this problem by now, @ROKU??  

My daughter is off to college with a brand new Express and I am hours away. She's not a IT Ninja and YOU should have a freakin' fix by now. Don't ask the same questions a hundred times - the problem here isn't a user error. You have a problem product. Tell us THE fix or when you'll have it fixed. For crying out loud - THIS IS NOT SUPPORT. 

Kents
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So my daughter solved this by RETURNING the Roku and getting another one.

0 Kudos
Eddyed

Jump to solution

My roku ultra stick is stuck in continuous update loop. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
ChassB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After trying all the Fixes suggested on this subject, STUCK IN BOOT LOOP, and getting no where, I returned the device from where I bought it and was given another that worked right out of the box.
You can try all the suggestions or save yourself the hassle, Return It For Another.
While I understand that some people may not be following directions to install but it should work the first time you try.

0 Kudos
Lason1952
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have the same problem as the Roku ultra is just over a year old and it seems to be bricked....Nothing works!!

Would like warranty on product but evidently no one is working at Roku!!?? Called, no help and no online solutions!!!!

0 Kudos
Ultra2038
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra stuck in a continual update loop : Solved

Jump to solution

This is amazing. I never thought this would be the case. However, this small thing has saved me a lot of grief related to my Roku Ultra device. As everyone has already tried, I tried to change the HDMI cable, remove the USB drive if any, remove the SD card from the slot if any and eventually trying "Factory Reset" in the middle of all the looping / rebooting of this device...nothing worked.

What worked is actually swapping the power supply for the Roku ultra. This is something the device-specific thing that Roku support should start recommending. I am thinking over a period of 1.5 years the component started providing lesser power or something causing the Roku ultra, the high-end processing house,  requesting more power and power supply was not able to. That's my hypothesis. That's how the electronics world work. Then basically you get a new adaptor and the device just boots and start working as if nothing had happened.

I am so glad I saw this note otherwise I was ready to toss the device in trash! If there is the power to device who would think it needed more? I wish there is an additional check on the device to perform the tests before it decides to quit and just loop on the main jumping "Roku" screen. This will avoid frustrastion of people who are thinking that the Roku support sucks / device sucks / etc...The device is solid and state of art, I wonder why Roky support doesn't take these issues and post on global fan club to make sure the market share doesn't drop. 🙂

Anyways, I am out of the woods for now. Hope you guys out there having a similar problem can solve them by doing this simple trick.

0 Kudos
eclayton1

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense Roku TV and I've reset the TV and got to the language to set up got Network connected to my hotspot on my phone and then it goes to the system updating and then it sends me the error 003 and then it says try again or set up Network and when I go to setup Network it brings me back to just the blue screen and it has the Hisense Roku TV up at the top left and I have no tiles and it does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What is this power adapter that got ur roku updated? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Cookie_Monster wrote:

What is this power adapter that got ur roku updated? 

The poster is referring to the power cube that is provided with the Roku. Some devices use a USB cable to connect to power, while others have a dedicated power cube. It sounds like his cube was replaced, and that the original wasn't providing enough power for an unknown reason. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos