Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netnothing
Level 9

Roku Ultra outputting wrong display resolution when set to Auto - 9.2 update

Since the 9.2 update, even though my Ultra detects my 4K 60hz HDR display, it only outputs 1080p HDR is the display type is set to Auto.

If I manually select 4K 60hz HDR, everything works. 

This only started happening after 9.2.

6 Replies
lk229
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra outputting 1080p on a 4K display when set to Auto after 9.2 update

I have the same problem on my 2018 Ultra.. If I go into Settings, Display, I can get 4K output again. But after watching a different device, then switching back to the Roku, it once again outputs 1080p. If I try setting the Display to 4K 60Hz instead of Auto, the box reverts to Auto, shows 4K 60Hz output, but really outputs 1080p.

0 Kudos
netnothing
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra outputting 1080p on a 4K display when set to Auto after 9.2 update

So far mine has been sticking to 4K. I confirm daily by hitting my Tv display button to make sure the resolution is 3840 x 2160. I don’t run any screensavers and don’t sleep the Roku, so not sure if that helps it stay at 4K. 

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with ViewSonic 727 projector though a denon Avr1400 receiver. Very annoy I can't get 4k to work at all use to work fine before the update.
0 Kudos

Was able to fix it with a factory reset very annoying
atc98092
Level 15

Yep, there's a bug. It will say Auto has recognized the display as 4K/60, but is only outputting 1080. Taking it off Auto and manually setting it on 4K/60 seems to be a valid workaround. But as mentioned, sometimes it switches itself back to Auto, and the same problem might happen. Mine switched back to Auto once, but since then it seems to be staying on 4K. But I haven't checked it today.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
lk229
Level 7

Sure hoping Roku recognizes the bug soon and works on a fix. Otherwise, I'll give the factory reset a try in a week or so.

0 Kudos