Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arod291

Roku Ultra on Samsung TV - No CEC

I just purchased this Roku Ultra on black Friday and I initially connected it to an older Sony Smart TV which did not seem to have HDMI(CEC). I have since switched the Roku to a fairly new (2017) Samsung Smart TV which does have HDMI(CEC) and it is turned on. Samsung's Anynet+HDMI(CEC) is able to see the DirecTV box and I can control the TV just fine with it. When I connected the Roku, I made sure to reset all it's settings so it would start fresh with the new TV, however Anynet+ is not able to see the Roku device.

I have the 1-Touch Play checked but when I press any key on the remote it doesn't turn on the TV. If I have the TV on a different input source and press on any button on the Roku remote it doesn't do a thing. I have to use the TV's remote to change input source.

I've done all sorts of things I've found online as far as unplugging power cords, changing hdmi inputs, changing hdmi cables, resetting, restarting my roku and nothing helps. I've gone through all different "remote" setups on the roku and even though I am able to turn the TV on/off and control the volume with the roku remote, the keys on the remote still won't take me to the roku input source when I'm in a different source or when the TV is off.

I've been into the Secret screens in Roku and saw where it was showing that this TV doesn't currently support HDMI(CEC) which it's not true.

I want to be able to hit any key on the roku remote when the tv is off or in a different input source and it'd take me into roku as it is advertised. I also have Echo dot that I want to be to tell Alexa to turn off my TV. Currently when I tell Alexa through my Echo device or on the Roku voice remote, I can see on the screen where it says "Turning of ..." but nothing happens.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Yv4Rok

Re: Roku Ultra on Samsung TV - No CEC

Having similar experience connecting to an LG -43" LED Class 6 Tv.  When a Roku Set-top box is connected to any of this Tv's HDMI inputs, the screen will display the Roku's signal, confirming the connection, but LG Tv's screen turns blue as soon as the Roku plays, while the sound can still be heard.
A few days afterward, this LG Tv is no longer able to even display the Roku's signal connected to its HDMI input. Tested the same Roku box with other TVs, Roku is working fine. Other devices connected to LG's HDMI work fine, but NOT the Roku OT Set box. Am I overlooking something? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
gnussbaum
Channel Surfer

I am seeing this also.  I have a Samsung Q70R TV and the handshake doesn't recognize the Roku.  My setup is Roku 4->Marantz SR7010->Samsung Q70R TV

I unplugged the Roku and can hear the startup out of my receiver, but the TV just spins.  When I go into the TV settings it shows the Roku as "Unknown".  No picture at all.

gdiv

Same problem on a Q90 Samsung. Can find no answers with in ROKU can't get in touch, can't get it to work. About ready to run over it with my car. Fed up. No support is ridiculous.

gnussbaum
Channel Surfer

I solved my issue by changing the display settings on my Roku to 1080p (HDMI 1.4) instead of Auto

Jrlata

Thanks... I plugged the Roku into my old TV, went to settings, and changed it to 1080p (from auto) and it works perfectly now. 

FYI, I did try the 4k settings and the display went nuts even on my new TV. Just stick with the 1080p.

0 Kudos
RET
Reel Rookie

Was working then quit about 2 months ago. Please help. Believe it was a Roku Ultra update.

0 Kudos
Tuplwjh72

Fixed my problem. Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos