Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlg
Level 7

Roku Ultra does not show up on Windows 10 devices

My Roku+ shows up on the devices list on both my laptops running Windows 10 but my Roku Ultra does not.  Anyone know a fix for this?   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
azurenepsa
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra does not show up on Windows 10 devices

Have you tried unplugging the Ultra and shutting down your laptops; then powering the Ultra back up and finally powering on your laptops?  Do you have any problems with the remote connecting to your Ultra?  I ask because both Windows 10 screen mirroring and the remote use a Wi-Fi Direct connection to communicate with the Roku.

You could try doing a network reset in Windows by searching for 'network reset' in the search bar.  You can also do a network reset for the Ultra at:  Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset.  Edit: For some reason when I tried this, I had to disable and then re-enable my wifi adapter in Device Manager to get my Roku to show up as a device.

If you're at your wits end, you could run Fresh Start on Windows 10 (search 'fresh start') or do a factory reset of the Ultra.  These are last resort options though and there's no guarantee they would fix the problem.  You'd want to back-up anything important (files, bookmarks, etc.) on your PC and would have to reinstall apps.  On the Roku, you'd have to sign back in to apps and would lose any not-signed-in YouTube history.

0 Kudos