Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikem3223
Level 7

Roku Ultra Windows 10 Casting

When I add the Roku as a display device on my laptop, running Windows 10, I am able to cast to my Roku Ultra. However, if I disconnect, I am unable to reconnect and have to remove the Roku and add it again. My laptop isn't showing up as a trusted device in settings on the Roku. Also, neither of the devices that I've connected (laptop and Samsung Galaxy S2 tab) are showing up in the allowed devices list. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tonya_G
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra Windows 10 Casting

0 Kudos
mikem3223
Level 7

Thank you, but that article does not address my question.

UPDATE: I'm able to reconnect my tablet without adding the Roku again. Could it be a Windows issue?
0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Level 8

"mikem3223" wrote:
Thank you, but that article does not address my question.

UPDATE: I'm able to reconnect my tablet without adding the Roku again. Could it be a Windows issue?

I don't know about whether it is a Windows thing or not. I have a Gateway Laptop that I purchased in 2011 that I am dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 10 on that has Intel Widi and I have been meaning to try things with that, but I don't know how it will work with my Roku Utra. Microsoft has forums and you could post on their forums. Or maybe someone on here knows more about it than I do.
0 Kudos

Roku/Windows casting has been problematic and near unusable from the beginning. It's not worth wasting your time trying to get it to work right. Spend $35 on a Chromecast. Problem solved.
0 Kudos
ShaunPC
Level 7

Unable to cast to Roku Streaming Stick+ from Win 10 computer.

I am attempting to cast to a Roku Streaming Stick+ from a Win 10 computer. I downloaded the Cast to Roku app from the Windows store. However, when I attempt to stream the Cast to Roku app is unable to see any Roku devices.

- I can see the Roku Streaming Stick+ in the device manager under Miracast display devices.
- The display adaptor is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
- NVIDIA driver is the latest with a date of 2019-10-22 (26.21.14.4108)
- The Streaming Stick+ has Screen mirroring mode set to Always allow.
- The Roku software appears to be up to date (version 9.2.0 build 4131) as of 3 Nov 2019.
- The Win 10 computer and the Streaming Stick+ are on the same Wi-Fi network.

When I looked at the Roku Streaming Stick+ properties under Miracast display devices the driver date was 2006-06-21! When I clicked update driver, no newer drivers were found. I have found a lot of questions about casting to Roku but no real answers. Does anyone have any ideas?

[post merged with already existing related thread]

0 Kudos