Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra - Turn Off Voice - Where Do You Install MicroSD

Jump to solution

I have purchased a Roku Ultra.  How do I turn off the voice while setting it up?  I went into the Audio and set everything to off but it will not stop talking to me.

Where do you install the MicroSD card?  It may have something to do with the purple tabs but I am unwilling to pull on them until I have some verification.

It amazes me that there is no pdf file covering the basic operations of the unit.  Searching through these online messages and answers is worthless to me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra - Turn Off Voice - Where Do You Install MicroSD

Jump to solution

To turn off the audio guide just press the option * key four times. If you don't want it come on again settings> accessibility> scroll down to Shortcut> disable

Just under the hdmi input.

Edmund

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

To turn off the audio guide just press the option * key four times. If you don't want it come on again settings> accessibility> scroll down to Shortcut> disable

Just under the hdmi input.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

MicroSD slot was hard for me to see but I finally noticed it under the HDMI connection.  The cable was already installed so it was hiding under the connector.

I will try again on the audio.  I thought I had hit everything.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Pressing the * four times worked.

Going through the menu (Settings - Accessibility - Shortcut - Disable), however, did not.  Glad the four * worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does anyone hear a computerized woman's voice talking at startup?--Drives me nuts!

Jump to solution

Computer lady talks at startup and continues speaking until you've chosen a channel!!

Very irritating !!!---anyone know how to turn her off???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Does anyone hear a computerized woman's voice talking at startup?--Drives me nuts!

Jump to solution

@lkae30 

Thanks for the note.

What you're most likely experiencing is the Roku audio guide. Audio Guide can be turned on or off by pressing the star button * on the Roku remote four times quickly.

For more information regarding the audio guide, visit our Support page here: How do I enable text-to-speech using Audio Guide?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos