Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
averagepc
Level 7

Roku Ultra Reverting to Auto Detect

I recently purchased a Roku Ultra and began the setup process. I set my Yamaha Receiver to Mode 1, and my Sony 850D HDMI to "enhanced". The Roku by default went to Auto Detect 4k 60hz HDR upon setup. My tv doesn't perform that well with HDR content, so I changed the Display Setting to 4k 60hz, and all seemed well. But upon waking the Roku up to use it the next day I was greeted with a message that the Roku had reverted to "Auto Detect". Is it possible to prevent the Roku from reverting back to "AUTO DETECT"?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ziehmjason
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Reverting to Auto Detect

I'm still stuck with this issue.
I use my Roku through a Yamaha receiver, then into a Optoma projector.
The projector CAN handle 1080p, but it's not at the correct distance for my screen.
So, I am required to use the Roku at 720p.
However, every time I turn it on, it defaults to "Auto-Detect" and then sets itself to 1080p.
Is there a way that I can disable the auto-detect?
Model: 4400X
Serial: 4U9662601903
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

It's a bug in the Roku firmware. They say they are working on it, but it's sure taking a long time.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
a1529ukor
Level 7

It sure has been taking them awhile.  I have the same problem.  Even though my tv can handle 4k HDR 60k setting, I have a long cable run (using hdbaset) that can't.  So--every day--I need to manually set the thing to a lower setting.  And every day in morning, it resets itself to Auto Detect.

The entire thing is counterintuitive:  if one removes the "Auto Detect," it should stay removed; but instead, there is some internal automatic detection feature that decides you don't know what you're doing and it will automatically revert back to "Auto Detect."
0 Kudos
redtommy76
Level 9

Two things to do to fix the auto-detect revert: Turn off the screensaver and disable automatic recovery  (5X Home, Down, Left, 3X Up)
a1529ukor
Level 7

Thanks for the advice.  Will give that a try!
0 Kudos
klambert
Level 7

OMG A belated Thank You So Much. Found this after not a small amount of searching. Something happened in 9.2 that wasn't happy-making with my Stick+/AVR/TV HDMI chain and it's been driving me nuts.

0 Kudos