Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
metrov
Level 8

Roku Ultra Question

Hi, I've owned a Roku Express for a few years now. It works great, except that every once in awhile, it will not connect to wifi. Sometimes I can get it re-connected by employing the tricks found online. But sometimes (like now), it won't connect for days, then suddenly it will connect. I believe the problem is the Roku because all our other wireless devices connect no problem. Anyway, I've had it. I don't want to go thru pain to use my Roku. Will the Roku Ultra (with hard wire connection) be more reliable as far as connectivity? I will gladly spend the money to have an enjoyable Roku experience. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Roku Ultra Question

@metrov wrote:

Hi, I've owned a Roku Express for a few years now. It works great, except that every once in awhile, it will not connect to wifi. Sometimes I can get it re-connected by employing the tricks found online. But sometimes (like now), it won't connect for days, then suddenly it will connect. I believe the problem is the Roku because all our other wireless devices connect no problem. Anyway, I've had it. I don't want to go thru pain to use my Roku. Will the Roku Ultra (with hard wire connection) be more reliable as far as connectivity? I will gladly spend the money to have an enjoyable Roku experience. Thanks

I've never experienced a connection issue when using an Ethernet connection. I do have an older Ultra, but it shouldn't be any different with the new ones. My 2 XS, which is about 7 years old, still connects fine. It's just so old it's worthless. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Iona-D
Level 10

Our Ultra was purchased nearly a year ago. It was chosen over the Streaming Stick Plus just for the superior Ethernet connection option. Unless the Internet traffic is very congested, I have noticed a huge improvement in spite of having a **bleep** slow DSL connection here.
We're glad we chose the Ultra over the Stick+.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Iona-D
Level 10

Our Ultra was purchased nearly a year ago. It was chosen over the Streaming Stick Plus just for the superior Ethernet connection option. Unless the Internet traffic is very congested, I have noticed a huge improvement in spite of having a trashy slow DSL connection here.
We're glad we chose the Ultra over the Stick+.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
metrov
Level 8

Thanks!

0 Kudos