Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra Power Light

One of my Roku ultra device shows the white power light even I have switched roku to the "Home"button and the TV is off. Normally the roku light shuts off after app. 10 minutes and indicates that the Roku device is not streaming a station. I'm concerned that the streaming continues even if Roku is switched off (bandwidth usage!)

My other 2 Roku Ultra switch off normal. Please give advice.

Thanks,

Bernd Ziesche

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Ultra Power Light

The light goes off when the screensaver kicks in.  If you have it disabled, it will never go off.  By the way, it's never really "off".  It's just an indication of whether the the screensaver is active.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi renojim,
thanks for the quick response.
But I don't understand: How I should or could disable what? The screensaver or what, and where to enable/disable the screensaver?
I tried to test the Roku Ultra (not the advanced model, I think #4640?) the way to let the TV on, press the Roku Home button and wait for app. 10 minutes. The Peacock screensaver appeared on the TV screen and the Roku light stayed on! With the same procedure my other 2 Ultra switched off the light as the problem device did in the past.
Is it possible that some circuit in the device doesn't work right and the light will not switch off but the Roku goes into sleep mode anyway?
Thanks if you could review this,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Yep, that sounds strange.  The light is supposed to go off.  Screensaver settings are either under Settings->Screensaver or Settings->Theme.  That's where you set the wait time or disable it altogether.  Not only does the light (usually) go out when the screensaver kicks in, but it will also go out if you just preview a screensaver, so you could give that a try to see if that makes it go off.

Roku doesn't really have a sleep mode.  As long as everything else is functioning without any problems I'd just ignore it.

0 Kudos