Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnrm00
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Cycles Between Logo and Blank Screen + Flashes 8 Times

This morning my roku ultra couldnt stop cycling between the logo and a blank screen. I tired changing the batteries, powering it on and off and using the reset function to soft reset it. We didnt lose power or the internet last night so i dont know whats up but would love some help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra Cycles Between Logo and Blank Screen + Flashes 8 Times

Problems like that are often caused by a problem with the power adapter, but since the Ultra doesn't use a USB power adapter it's not easy to try another one unless you have another Ultra.  Try unplugging everything and leaving it unplugged for an extended period like an hour or so.  If it still does it, the next thing to try would be a factory reset.  Find the reset button (often on the bottom of Ultra devices) and with the power connected press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds.  If still nothing and it's still under warranty...

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
johnrm00
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Cycles Between Logo and Blank Screen + Flashes 8 Times

What worked was manually described here:https://www.cloudwards.net/roku-not-working/#:~:text=First%2C%20make%20sure%20that%20your,device%20u....

TLDR: Manually restarting the system by,  pressing the home button 5x, Up arrow 1x, Rew 2x and FF 2x. 

0 Kudos