Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrdunk65
Level 8

Roku Ultra 5-13-2021 Update Issue

Jump to solution

Last night Roku did an update to software 10.0. This morning is states " unable to connect to wireless network ". My network is fine and signal strength is excellent. Did factory reset. Still getting same error.  So now I have no TV.

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mrdunk65
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 5-13-2021 Update Issue

Jump to solution

I figured it out. I unplugged my Roku, restarted my wireless router. On the bottom of my unit their is a reset button. I had to complete a new install and it is now working. During installation I notice the wireless network had updated the network DHCP settings.

Fyi my volume on remote still does not work. I reported it support a couple years ago. They stated the remote does not work with my Sharp TV.  I just use my tv remote.

Back to normal.

Mrdunk65

Hope this works f

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13\
Boardmanbear
Level 8

Jump to solution

ATTENTION!

As of this am I manually checked for a update on my Roku ultra and it had a "Supercharge" Update. I then went thru the Remote Pairing Procedure in the settings and now my Remote has the Volume control working! 🤗👍😁

0 Kudos
Nella
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue 

0 Kudos
macabra11
Level 7

Jump to solution

After this update I no longer can control my soundbar volume. I’ve tried all the guides and settings available for my Roku Ultra, but nothing works. When I use the volume controls on the remote it changes my tv volume but not the soundbar. And I messed with my Sony tv settings but it didn’t change anything either. Up til yesterday I’ve not any issues with volume control for years.

0 Kudos
Mrdunk65
Level 8

Jump to solution

I figured it out. I unplugged my Roku, restarted my wireless router. On the bottom of my unit their is a reset button. I had to complete a new install and it is now working. During installation I notice the wireless network had updated the network DHCP settings.

Fyi my volume on remote still does not work. I reported it support a couple years ago. They stated the remote does not work with my Sharp TV.  I just use my tv remote.

Back to normal.

Mrdunk65

Hope this works f

0 Kudos
Nella
Level 7

Jump to solution

On the bottom of your WiFi unit or roku? 

0 Kudos
Mrdunk65
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry should have mentioned bottom of Roku unit.

Smiley Happy

Mrdunk65

0 Kudos
Nella
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not working for me it won’t find my WiFi network 

0 Kudos
Mrdunk65
Level 8

Jump to solution

Are you able to open Roku or is the first screen you see when plugging it back in. The " language screen "?

0 Kudos
Nella
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can open it 

0 Kudos