Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrdunk65
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra 5-13-2021 Update Issue

Jump to solution

Last night Roku did an update to software 10.0. This morning is states " unable to connect to wireless network ". My network is fine and signal strength is excellent. Did factory reset. Still getting same error.  So now I have no TV.

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mrdunk65
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra 5-13-2021 Update Issue

Jump to solution

I figured it out. I unplugged my Roku, restarted my wireless router. On the bottom of my unit their is a reset button. I had to complete a new install and it is now working. During installation I notice the wireless network had updated the network DHCP settings.

Fyi my volume on remote still does not work. I reported it support a couple years ago. They stated the remote does not work with my Sharp TV.  I just use my tv remote.

Back to normal.

Mrdunk65

Hope this works f

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Boardmanbear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ATTENTION!

As of this am I manually checked for a update on my Roku ultra and it had a "Supercharge" Update. I then went thru the Remote Pairing Procedure in the settings and now my Remote has the Volume control working! 🤗👍😁

0 Kudos
Nella
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue 

0 Kudos
macabra11

Jump to solution

After this update I no longer can control my soundbar volume. I’ve tried all the guides and settings available for my Roku Ultra, but nothing works. When I use the volume controls on the remote it changes my tv volume but not the soundbar. And I messed with my Sony tv settings but it didn’t change anything either. Up til yesterday I’ve not any issues with volume control for years.

0 Kudos
Mrdunk65
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I figured it out. I unplugged my Roku, restarted my wireless router. On the bottom of my unit their is a reset button. I had to complete a new install and it is now working. During installation I notice the wireless network had updated the network DHCP settings.

Fyi my volume on remote still does not work. I reported it support a couple years ago. They stated the remote does not work with my Sharp TV.  I just use my tv remote.

Back to normal.

Mrdunk65

Hope this works f

0 Kudos
Nella
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

On the bottom of your WiFi unit or roku? 

0 Kudos
Mrdunk65
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry should have mentioned bottom of Roku unit.

🙂

Mrdunk65

0 Kudos
Nella
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not working for me it won’t find my WiFi network 

0 Kudos
Mrdunk65
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Are you able to open Roku or is the first screen you see when plugging it back in. The " language screen "?

0 Kudos
Nella
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can open it 

0 Kudos