Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wipasa

Roku Ultra 4660RW - New update - version 11.0.0 build 4168-46 problems?

Turned my bedroom roku on tonight and tried several apps.  All seem to take forever to load, and most of the time they end up with an error.  Netflix is the only one that operated normally. My spectrum tv app came up with error 2 of 3 times, the other time it took forever and the picture was horrible.  HBO Max wont open at all, just spins on the loading screen and came up error a couple of times.    I noticed that there was an update this morning on my roku to version 11.0.0 build 4168-46. My roku is a 4660-rw ultra, couple years old.  Tried another wifi band and then back to my 5g which has always worked fine.  Restarted roku a couple time also.  Still slow as Christmas.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra 4660RW - New update - version 11.0.0 build 4168-46 problems?

It should check for updates automatically, but after a firmware update it doesn't hurt to try a manual update from Settings->System-System update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wipasa 

Thanks for the post.

We can investigate this issue further for you, but will need more information to understand the issue you are seeing. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-what error is shown on screen
-can you provide a screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmoney4444
Binge Watcher

I am having the same issue, all apps are super slow to load, change channels on direct stream take FOREVER to change, hulu takes forever to load, netflix, prime, HBO max, Disney plus, espn +, I have an express 4k+ and I loved it until this update. Please send how to rollback to 10.5, worked perfectly till now

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tmoney4444

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve what you are seeing? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmoney4444
Binge Watcher

Reproduce? It's an ongoing issue with all apps, rebooted device, deleted apps and reinstalled, Even did a factory reset on the roku, still slow as molasses, I have a 4k stick in my bedroom with the 10.5 update that is not having any issues

0 Kudos
Tmoney4444
Binge Watcher

I even have an old 4 yr old roku premiere + in my garage 50ft away from router with the 10.5 system running on it faster than the new 11 update on my express 4k +, new update is horrible

0 Kudos
BubbaGumpBubba
Reel Rookie

Yes.  EXACTLY same thing happen to our Ultra.  Everything was running lightning fast, but now ALL the apps are horribly SLOW.  We have 250MB fiberoptic.  The Express ROKU's in our house are still running great WITHOUT the new 11.0 update.  It's the 11.0 update!

0 Kudos
Tmoney4444
Binge Watcher

There has to be a way to roll back 11 to 10.5 until they fix this issue, there also should be an option to turn off auto updates, seems like more times than none companies roll out these updates to soon without proper testing, same things happen on phone updates, computer updates etc

0 Kudos
BubbaGumpBubba
Reel Rookie

I was unable to find anywhere how to shut off Automatic Updates.  I don't think it exists to the customer.

0 Kudos