Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmoney4444
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra 4660RW - New update - version 11.0.0 build 4168-46 problems?

UNBELIEVABLE ROKU! It just updated my roku premiere + now and that's slower than slow now too! You NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4660RW - New update - version 11.0.0 build 4168-46 problems?

@Tmoney4444

Thanks for the posts.

In regards to your Roku device being sluggish, can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-make a model TV that the Roku device is connected to
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: OS 11 causing v. slow load times...or some channels not loading at all

Since update to version 11.0, most channels are really slow to load, including Roku, Prime, Hulu and others. Local television broadcast station won't load at all -- after long load time, connection is finally made and instantaneously shut down. 

Specs: Roku Streaming Stick model 3810X, serial @ YH008C871627

Software version: 11.0

In reading through other users' issues, it seems like the most common advice is to uninstall and reinstall affected channels. That's a LOT of work on the users end, esp. for users like us who find almost all our channels have been affected. Please tell me there is a patch in the works to fix this on your end! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra (4670) slow after Roku OS 11 update

@LiamP

Thanks for the post.

In regards to your Roku device being sluggish, can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-make a model TV that the Roku device is connected to
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
fuzzy
Roku Guru

my roku express is faster than a new ultra after update reset and unplug, but it didn't help

sony xbr65a8h tv, avr-x4500x denon rec., HDMI to REC., 2 roku ultras and roku express, 100mb fiber
0 Kudos
Tmoney4444
Binge Watcher

Check the build on the update it should be 5006 or something, they pushed it down for all mine and they work now 

0 Kudos
fuzzy
Roku Guru

mine has not got the newest update

sony xbr65a8h tv, avr-x4500x denon rec., HDMI to REC., 2 roku ultras and roku express, 100mb fiber
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fuzzy

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking for a manual update on your Roku device recently?

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brett888
Channel Surfer

Same here with the 3280 rw .The update has made the stick perform very slowly.. additionally the new features are not present as well.

The update occurred while I had a movie paused..not sure if that had anything to do with it

0 Kudos
fuzzy
Roku Guru

have been checking 3 to 4 times a day with no luck