Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra (4660) Randomly shuts down and powers on the TV when it does.

Starting around 2nd or 3rd week of April 2020 our Roku Ultra started randomly shutting down / powering off and then it would turn on the TV (Samsung), so we would wake up in the mornings to find our TV switched on and the Roku unresponsive and no power light on. The only way to get the Roku to turn back on is to unplug the power cord and wait about 30 seconds. This appears to "resolve" for most of the day, but then it repeats itself randomly.

Steps taken:

• Changed batteries in all remotes, just in case.
  • Roku has the latest firmware updates, does automatically.
  • Roku is powered by AC adapter.
  • Network cable is plugged in, not using wireless.
  • Turned off "1 Touch Play"

Device failure? Firmware failure? Possession? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra (4660) Randomly shuts down and powers on the TV when it does.

I have a similar thing going on; it's not randomly shutting down, but after I shut it down it activates my Samsung TV via a Nakamichi soundbar withing 10-15 minutes of shutdown. There are other symptoms, but it seems as though there's a fundamental commonality. I'm currently looking for a good Roku replacement, as I don't think Roku will address this. Best of luck with this.

Rich

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks, not too many similar options out there and Amazon Fire Box has limitations too. Really don't like that they tether the Network cable to a dongle instead of having a built in port like Roku Player does.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

From what I can tell, there should be a new Chromecast coming out in the next few months (apparently it was delayed by the virus), and while I'd prefer a direct ethernet connection, it might otherwise be okay.

0 Kudos