Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjguill
Level 8

Roku Ultra 2020 With Dolby Issues

The new ultra 2020 freezes after stopping a recording, then attempting to restart. I need to constantly unplug and replug for the reboot. This unit was supposed to be better than the previous edition but it doesn't come close. I've never had that problem with the previous version. It needs a software update to correct this behavior otherwise this device is worthless. I bought 2, and both act the same horrible way...never again will I do this!

8 Replies
dodgers_dfw
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 With Dolby Issues

I am having the same problem with a Roku Ultra 2020 I just bought. I mostly use it with YouTube TV and 3 or 4 times a day it hangs while starting to watch live TV or a recorded program. Hitting Home will exit the app/channel but the Roku still hangs. The only way out is to unplug it.

rjguill
Level 8

Yes, that is the exact issue. The home key does exit the app, but it has to be unplugged to unfreeze it. They need to push out a fix for this.  Clearly it's not a hardware defect since the same is happening to both of us!

StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Make sure you both report this directly to Roku and Youtube:

Roku chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

and/or message @RokuDanny-R 

YouTube:  https://support.google.com/youtubetv/gethelp

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rjguill
Level 8

I would very much like to do that, however I can't find any area that indicates direct contact with Roku. That's how I ended up in the forum since it was the only way to get a human response. I was hoping someone had either found a solution or had gotten through to Roku support with this issue. Your Roku support link only takes me to where my search began when I initially posted. Thanks though!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@rjguill wrote:

I would very much like to do that, however I can't find any area that indicates direct contact with Roku. That's how I ended up in the forum since it was the only way to get a human response. I was hoping someone had either found a solution or had gotten through to Roku support with this issue. Your Roku support link only takes me to where my search began when I initially posted. Thanks though!

Go to the link I posted previously:  Choose "Setup..." then "Roku Ultra" then "Other" then "Need more help?" then Chat or Email (Chat has hours...)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rjguill
Level 8

Thanks again. I was able to send a message via the "Danny" link you posted. We'll see what happens, but I'll try the other approach as well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rjguill 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you watching and what kind of content are you viewing? Is the issue you are experiencing only happening with recorded content?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rjguill
Level 8

It primarily happens with recorded content. I rarely view live programming. The recorded content comes from multiple channels such as Hallmark, Showtime, etc.

0 Kudos