Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Screamingone
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 2019 versus 2020

The Cortex-A55 serves as the successor of the A53 designed to improve performance and energy efficiency over the A53. ARM has stated the A55 should have 15% improved power efficiency and 18% increased performance relative to the A53. Memory access and branch prediction are also improved relative to the A53.

AChanceFind
Level 9

I just got a Ultra LT (2019) on WalMart for $69 , seemed like a good deal if you have an older TV and don't need all the extras. This will eventually replace a Roku 3 for me. Mainly just wanted a ethernet connection, which I hope Roku continues to have on some of their models for years to come. 

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 8

The LT was on sale couple week ago for 48 dollars everywhere.

0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 9

That is good to know, thanks! It was probably competing with Amazon Prime day sales.  I wonder if the price will drop again or if those are the last LT Walmart are selling to make room for newer models.  I didn't see it for sale on Amazon by Amazon, just third party sellers which I try to avoid.

Still I guess $69 is a good price, that is more or less what I paid for the Roku 3 over 6 years ago so it's definitely a good value if it lasts a long time.

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 8

I got the 2019 ultra with usb and sd slot last year at bestbuy for 50 bucks.

renojim
Level 21

The Walmart near me had a stack of LTs for $48 yesterday.  It was one of those "black Friday" deals - good until all are gone.

0 Kudos
AChanceFind
Level 9

I purchased online and now the "rollback" is down again to $65. I hate pricing games but still a good value if it proves to be reliable and long lasting.

Also Roku.com has updated their products page showing LT as a Walmart exclusive suggested price $79. I wonder how much longer it will be available.

0 Kudos
RkkMe
Level 9

Warning if wanting to use HDR. Lots of people having some different HDR issues with 2020, so if wanting to do that, looking into the prior 2019 (or 2018) devices might be a better bet.

0 Kudos