Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2019 versus 2020

I have noticed on Amazon there is Roku Ultra 2020 for a whopping $50 more ($149) than the Roku Ultra 2019 at $99. Anyone know if there is any difference between the two models (better microprocessor, updated software, etc.)?

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 2019 versus 2020

The model number on Roku website is 4670R. That’s the same model number on other major electronics websites such as BB. I found it (and just bought) from Roku on AMZ for eighty five and change. I don’t think there were any more technical updates since fall of 2019. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It doesn't appear there is any info about Ultra 2020 ?

@DrNKD wrote:

I have noticed on Amazon there is Roku Ultra 2020 for a whopping $50 more ($149) than the Roku Ultra 2019 at $99. Anyone know if there is any difference between the two models (better microprocessor, updated software, etc.)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Is there a model number? The latest was introduced September 2019, and is the 4670. It has 2G of RAM memory vs 1G in previous versions (still only 512M channel storage.) I think I also read it is faster, support HDMI 2.0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No model number on Amazon, just release date April 30, 2020.

"Newest " Ultra model for $139, bundled with a 32GB SD card.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

I think it's just someone trying to scam people.  I avoid all listings that say "Latest" or "Newest", especially if they don't give the model number.  The latest Ultra listed by Roku is the 4670.

https://developer.roku.com/en-ca/docs/specs/hardware.md

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am frustrated by the lack of information on this matter too.  I want to purchase a second Roku Ultra, but there is no (trustworthy) identification of which year model various outlets are selling, and whether the so-called 2020 models are in any way upgraded form the 2019. Even when Roku runs a special (usually a $20 discount) there is no clarification as to whether these are the latest models or just an effort to clear the warehouse of older 2018 models. Worse yet are the various listings on Amazon which bundle useless junk (JBL headphones, etc.) in with the Roku device while jacking up the price considerably. Roku should fix this problem. That they are abstruse on this matter themselves does not give me confidence.

Highlighted
Level 20

There's no such thing as a 2020 version of the Ultra. Whomever posted that for sale was either confused or trying to scam someone (likely the real reason). The Ultra 4670 is the current latest and top of the line Roku player, and it's $100 on the Roku web site. Any higher price is again someone trying to scam.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Roku doesn't have any control on 3rd party sellers and there is nothing they can really do. It's a free country and Internet. Companies have been sued for trying to impose limits on what 3rd parties can do as far as sales.