Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eastwest
Level 8

Roku TVs and other Smart TVs

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and am about to upgrade my TV. Almost all TVs are Smart now. I know that having a Roku and a Roku TV would be redundant but If I chose a Vizio or Samsung, would I be able to stream all the same channels that I have now with Roku? If I prefer to keep the Roku for streaming, can I hide the built in TV apps or are they always there at startup? Happy for any guidance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lesmikesell
Level 13

Re: Roku TVs and other Smart TVs

Jump to solution

Most smart TVs would have the major streaming apps (YouTube/NetFlix/Amazon etc.) but some things from the Roku might be missing.   They generally power on with the last selected HDMI input still selected or can be configured to always start with a specific one so if you wanted to use your existing roku you can mostly ignore the TV's own apps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1\
lesmikesell
Level 13

Re: Roku TVs and other Smart TVs

Jump to solution

Most smart TVs would have the major streaming apps (YouTube/NetFlix/Amazon etc.) but some things from the Roku might be missing.   They generally power on with the last selected HDMI input still selected or can be configured to always start with a specific one so if you wanted to use your existing roku you can mostly ignore the TV's own apps.

View solution in original post