Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku TV updated now not able to connect to wireless speakers

They emailed me yesterday saying they were updating to build 4150 and that would fix it.  Loaded update today. From 9.3.0 build 4143 to build 4150. Roku wireless speakers still not pairing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So since the update still didn’t allow me to pair the speakers, I did a complete factory reset of the TV and the speakers. I then set up the TV as normal directly from factory to build 4150  Then I attempted a new pairing following specs to the factory rest speakers. They are about 4inches away from each of the top corners of the TV. Pairing set up began and the speakers were found very quickly. They then spent several minutes in “updating devices” “bringing the boom” stuff. Finally, the “Unable to pair” message AGAIN appeared. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well, the update to 9.3 build 4150-88 broke my Bluetooth and wireless again. Tried to revert back like before but there is only build 4150. *sigh*

C'mon Roku, get it together!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Speakers work now. YouTube is broken but at least I have sound. I’m never again walling myself in the Roku garden like this.   I like Roku very much but having my TV, speakers, and smart channels all linked to Roku’s buggy OS code is a bad idea. It breaks the whole thing is useless.  Next time I buy a TV I’ll just get a standard flat screen, a separate sound system, and a Roku box. Maybe not even the Roku box given a PlayStation 4 seems just as usable.  I just don’t think I can trust Roku anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My RokuTV also updated and now wont connect.  This is indeed the final straw with Roku's consistently unstable software.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device, along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos