Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Still no sound with Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22

It’s been 10 days or more since my TCL updated to Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22 and ever since my Roku wireless speakers have lost connectivity. I posted my complaint elsewhere and Roku eventually messaged me to say they were looking into it, but still nothing. 9.3 was supposed to fix the problem of the TVs not be able to use BOTH the Roku Soundbar AND the Roku wireless speakers together. Since the speakers are forced to connect through the soundbar, I suspect they BROKE their ability to directly connect to the TV for those of us with only the wireless speakers. (At least if you’ve got my TCL model and OS build -22.). So frustrated my $179 wireless speakers are basically big black bricks at this point and I’m relegated to the internal speaker on the TCL...which obviously stinks. I bet it’s a hardware limitation on the TV itself having to do with Bluetooth audio VS WiFi audio. And I bet there is no OS fix they can provide. Either they will have to allow me to install a rollback OS permanently (and I’ll never be able to add a soundbar) OR Roku will have to send me a soundbar gratis for my speakers to ever work again. Considering I pre-ordered my speakers 6 months before they shipped and I have multiple Roku TVs, if they want to keep me happy, I best get a permanent fix ASAP. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Still no sound with Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22

Got a message today from Roku stating they’ve created a fix and it will be rolled out tomorrow, Tuesday May 19, around Noon. I’ll try with fingers crossed and reply again here with the results. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Still no sound with Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22

Loaded update today. From 9.3.0 build 4143 to build 4150. Roku wireless speakers still not pairing. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku TV updated now not able to connect to wireless speakers

They emailed me yesterday saying they were updating to build 4150 and that would fix it.  Loaded update today. From 9.3.0 build 4143 to build 4150. Roku wireless speakers still not pairing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So since the update still didn’t allow me to pair the speakers, I did a complete factory reset of the TV and the speakers. I then set up the TV as normal directly from factory to build 4150  Then I attempted a new pairing following specs to the factory rest speakers. They are about 4inches away from each of the top corners of the TV. Pairing set up began and the speakers were found very quickly. They then spent several minutes in “updating devices” “bringing the boom” stuff. Finally, the “Unable to pair” message AGAIN appeared. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well, the update to 9.3 build 4150-88 broke my Bluetooth and wireless again. Tried to revert back like before but there is only build 4150. *sigh*

C'mon Roku, get it together!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Speakers work now. YouTube is broken but at least I have sound. I’m never again walling myself in the Roku garden like this.   I like Roku very much but having my TV, speakers, and smart channels all linked to Roku’s buggy OS code is a bad idea. It breaks the whole thing is useless.  Next time I buy a TV I’ll just get a standard flat screen, a separate sound system, and a Roku box. Maybe not even the Roku box given a PlayStation 4 seems just as usable.  I just don’t think I can trust Roku anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My RokuTV also updated and now wont connect.  This is indeed the final straw with Roku's consistently unstable software.

0 Kudos