Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku TV updated now not able to connect to wireless speakers

Really bummed out that roku call support is down but they are still rolling out updates.  After my TV auto updated to 9.3.0 build 4134-38 last night(night of 5-6) my tv is having bad issues staying connected to wifi and will not connect to my wireless speakers and sub woofer.  I have factory reset all of it without resolving anything.  Hard wired internet to the tv that I confirmed working and when I goto pair my speakers it says finding speakers.....1......2.....sub...within 5 seconds then it goes to updating speakers.  About one minute it after the updating appeared the led on the tv starts flashing like when it does when it looses internet signal.  I confirmed through the router that packets are being sent but something is just erroring through this new update basically bricking everything other than just viewing.  This is why I wish I could disable updating unless I loose functionality of something then manual update.  Now I am just trying to find a way to get things back to where they were before the update....with a functioning network/internet connection and to update/pair my speakers.  Anyone know if there is a work around or maybe a time frame when this might be fixed?

17 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku TV updated now not able to connect to wireless speakers

Same problem here. Mine was working fine last night and today there is no wifi. Can't connect Bluetooth remote either. Tried reboot and even factory reset. No joy. Works connected via wired, so I guess that's at least something. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This article helped me revert back to an old build...https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Downgrading-Updates/td-p/519179

Once I did that I tried the upgrade again and it worked this time! Everything is back to normal! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you for posting the downgrade.  I tried to downgrade via that method and after the tv finished rebooting I disconnected it from the internet.  I then tried to pair my speakers and it game me a message saying I have to be connected to the internet to pair.  So I connected it because there wasn't anything else to do since it wouldn't do anything unless i did.  So the dang tv auto reupdated without pairing even though I was in the pair screen.  It rebooted right back to the problem os version.  Now it isn't letting me downgrade anymore.  I don't know.  Honestly I don't use the channels that much compared to the speakers.  Just trying to get them to work.  Hoping the update didn't brick the speakers.  I just dont understand why Roku cannot respond during covid19.  I though all big companies went to work from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I also lost connectivity to my wireless roku speakers after the 9.3.0 update. I downgraded as described above but was forced to to upgrade again to build 4134 when I attempted to re-pair the speakers. They failed again to pair. I recognize 9.3 in Clyde’s functionality to pair speakers with the sound bar for better surround sound effect.  They clearly screwed the pooch on that one and I guess I can only hope they fix it. Spending hours trying to re-pair the wireless speakers, doing factory resets even , only to find out they busted it with an update is really frustrating. And here I was seriously considering buying the subwoofer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Got a response today and they are going to work with me on getting the software fixed. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I got a reply from customer service that this issue could be resolved by simply restarting both the Roku TV and speakers:

1. Restart your Roku TV
- Unplug the power cord, either from the back of the TV or from the outlet
- Plug it back in, turn the TV on and let it restart to the Home Screen

2. Reboot your speakers...

Unfortunately, this did not fix anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have the same issue.  Post update to 9.3.0 whichever speaker is put in the right channel (I've tried both units, factory reset) will continually disconnect reconnect.  I've tried Factory Reset of both the TCL 55in TV and the speakers, with both wireless and wired ethernet and made sure it's on 5ghz and no channel switching with no effect.  I hope there's a solution coming because it's very annoying and makes the speakers pretty much useless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Anyone have any updates on this?  Still not able to connect to wifi or pair my speakers.  I got a response from Roku at the beginning of last week saying that they will see about getting new software for me.  Then at the beginning of this week I received a time out message so I messaged them back so the ticket didn't close and got a blanket we are working on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I've just gotten the ole' TURN IT OFF AND BACK ON suggestion.  I'm connecting but it just disconnects and reconnects repeatedly.  I definitely noticed as the update for Roku TV/Box/Sticks installed and then the speaker update installed there was a hangup. I'm getting random reboots on the TV and the speaker connection issues.

0 Kudos