Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greernikki

Roku TV dim almost can't see

My TV is super dim you can barely see it I did the factory reset and still nothing it's 70 inch element bought about a year ago it's started yesterday then after unplugging the times it worked now today same thing

5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV dim almost can't see

That sounds like the backlight has failed. If the brightness and contrast controls do nothing, then that's likely the case.

All LCD based displays (so other than CRT, plasma or OLED) require some sort of backlighting. Earlier displays used a florescent light behind the LCD panel (and some laptops still do) while most newer TVs use LEDs. With a complete failure like this, either the florescent light failed or the LED controller failed. I don't know what the warranty is on your TV, but if it's beyond 12 months you may be out of luck for warranty repair.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Nroper1

I have the same thing occurring on my Element Roku 65 inch TV. Super frustrating. 

0 Kudos

I bought this on black friday November 2019. It did this a few days ago. I contacted element and they told me to recycle it. They are supposedly sending a refund check. 

Me40

Bought my 65 same year same day and it’s done it twice. Fist time it came back after a day this time no luck. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Me40 Roku does not manufacture the TVs. You need to contact whomever made your TV about possible warranty coverage. Most of them have a one year warranty. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos