Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku TV Time and Date broken, and possibly ota channel guide since update

Jump to solution

My RokuTV is displaying the wrong time and date.  Have checked, firmware says up to date.  Resetting network connection did not help.  Still reports incorrect time and date.  When watching OTA tv, this causes incorrect display of channel guide.  Additionally, channel guide is very slow to load lately, and in several cases displaying incorrect program data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Roku TV Time and Date broken, and possibly ota channel guide since update

Jump to solution

Thanks to another user, I was able to revert to 9.2.  Doing so fixed both the time server problem, and an additional problem with Prime Video.  In my mind this confirms that 9.3 broke functionality in serious ways.

"You can revert to 9.2 via one of the secret menus:

home (5 times) FF (3x) REW (2x)

choosing update software gives you the option to change 9.3 to 9.2"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Each time network connection is reset, time is set to 5:53pm April 20.

ID 53-159-714

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks to another user, I was able to revert to 9.2.  Doing so fixed both the time server problem, and an additional problem with Prime Video.  In my mind this confirms that 9.3 broke functionality in serious ways.

"You can revert to 9.2 via one of the secret menus:

home (5 times) FF (3x) REW (2x)

choosing update software gives you the option to change 9.3 to 9.2"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this solution may no longer work.  My TV just auto updated again to 9.3.  It broke all the same things again, and it seems I am now unable to revert to the previous version.

Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@Johnny_Frugal wrote:

Unfortunately this solution may no longer work.  My TV just auto updated again to 9.3.  It broke all the same things again, and it seems I am now unable to revert to the previous version.

From what I've read, it will only let you revert to the previous version one time.  I don't know if that resets when you eventually receive the NEXT version.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Im having the same problem here on a RokuTV TCL model 40FS3750 Im at OS version 9.3.0 build 4182-08. Wrong time and Prime Video is not working for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem as well. Other forums suggest factory reset won’t fix it. The time & date on my System Update suggest that the unit is stuck in time at the moment of the update. I can’t find a way to force my time and date so that it matches reality and the rest of my apps. This incongruency is causing major streaming issues on most platforms. I guess we’re all just going to sit around hoping someone is sweating bullets at Roku trying to fix the mistake? :/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem on a Roku TV. Date is several days ago and time is off by hours.  I have reset many times. I tried the Secret Screen idea and do not have an option to revert to 9.2.  This is update is a buggy build. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Finally found this! I am having the same issue. The time is wrong and it screws up any viewing on Philo. It's like Groundhog day syndrome! I can reset and it is corrected unless/until I power off and back on. Then it starts all over again. Issue began Thursday, June 25. 2020.  What the heck is going on? How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have found the problem for my specific case.  For years I have used a hardwired USB Ethernet adapter on my Sharp Roku TV.  When I disconnect the adapter, and connect to the internet via the built in WiFi, all the problems are resolved.  I would say, if you have an ethernet adapter like me, try connecting by WiFi.  Just guessing, but if you have any other USB device connected (hard drive etc) try removing that too.

I hope whatever they changed will be resolved down the road.  I find it infuriating that I have a large appliance, which never moves, and I am forced into using WiFi to connect it.

0 Kudos