Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamH2o
Channel Surfer

Roku TV/PC HDMI connection

My TCL 43S525 Roku TV is still Having issues after the last update (10.5). I use it with my PC and it can't boot up now while the TV is connected. I have been in contact with Roku support back and forth for several days over this issue and this evening I received an email from Roku that they can't do anything for me and to contact the TV manufacturer. This is unbelievable and unacceptable. This TV worked perfectly as a second monitor until the new update. THIS IS A ROKU ISSUE. I just want to roll back the os. Please.

3 REPLIES 3
AdamH2o
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV/PC HDMI connection

I THINK I've solved it. The new OS has either added or activated a low latency-game mode that my PC didn't like. Deactivating it seems to have resolved the issue. I will post further if anything changes.

Skril
Streaming Star

I needed to wipe my drivers completely off my system and reinstall them for my 3070 to connect to my TCL TV after the update.

It works now, but there is no way to enable Gsync now. It seems the update removed VRR/Gsync capability from the TV.

AdamH2o
Channel Surfer

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with the refresh or v-sync. Switching the TV into HDMI 1.4 helped but I disabled Low Latency on the Standard or 2.0 setting and disabled game mode on the picture setting of the input itself and I seem to be stable now. I just really didn't want to have to wipe the driver and reinstall. That can be such a pain.

0 Kudos