Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV: Completely wrong time

Jump to solution

The correct time where I am at is 10:42am yet the Roku says 4:59 pm. This then causes the live channel TV guide app we use to display wrong line up. I’ve restarted, unplugged. What else can I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Completely wrong time

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV at an incorrect time, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Many thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Roku TV Time and Date broken, and possibly ota channel guide since update

Jump to solution

There is a hard reset you can do with the remote that fixed this for me. 

Home button 5 times, up arrow once, rewind button twice, fast forward button twice. 

It will do some weird menu scrolling and turn off and back on again then back on. Takes about a minute and a half. Then fixed! For me anyway. 

Cgbmom05

Jump to solution

****This worked for me*****

Not sure if everyone is still having the issue or not but this morning I noticed my time was off,so I started googling and it lead me here lol.Anyways this worked for me so I wanted to share.Go to settings,then system,then power,then scroll down to bottom,where it says system restart,click that and it will turn off then on.The time was fixed👍

ufdemt15

Jump to solution

yes this works. I had the same problem this morning. Powering the device on and off didnt work and the time zone was correct. I did try to revert to the previous version but could not access that option. I tried using the menu to restart the TV and it worked. Unplugging the TV probably would have worked too 

Doug52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wrong time happened to my Roku TV this morning. I noticed it when I turned it on. I also noticed my "atomic" clocks are showing wrong date. I wonder if Roku uses the time signal from Colorado and it was disrupted while it was receiving the signal. Who knows. We may never know. Our TV's maybe screwed up from now on. At least I can manually change the time on my other clocks in my house. My Samsung TV still shows correct time. I really dislike Roku TV's.

0 Kudos
Sugar33

Jump to solution

I had the same problem.  It was 2:35 but the clock said 11:01.  I unplugged roku and plugged it back in.  It's fine now.  Hope I don't have to do this often.

0 Kudos
Audi315

Jump to solution

I, too have the wrong time  by 13+ hours.  It is currently 4:06 pm but my time shows 5:25 a.m. I have done everything I know to do and still have the wrong time.  My other Roku tvs show the correct time. This is frustrating.  Anyone have ideas as to how to fix?

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you tried executing the "Clear Cache" procedure and letting the set reset and reboot?

0 Kudos
gstefany

Sharp Roku TV - Wrong time but in right time Zone - Help

Jump to solution

I just noticed that my Sharp Roku TV says it is 5:22 am when it is actually 5:51 pm.  I checked the settings and it says the time zone is Eastern which is where I am but, it is not 5:22 am here.  Can anyone help?

Re: Sharp Roku TV - Wrong time but in right time Zone - Help

Jump to solution

My tv is doing the same thing. I live in central time and is currently 7:22pm and my tv is saying that is 10:53am. Now all the apps are showing the wrong programming due to this. I have no idea what to do or how to fix it.

0 Kudos