Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rozale
Level 7

Roku TV Brands

Just a general question, not sure anyone know. But why hasn’t Vizio , Sony , or LG release TVs with integrated Roku OS yet? 

I like the TCL Roku TVs I have now, but I would love to buy non Chinese branded Roku TV.

has Roku attempted to partner with these guys yet? Anyone know the reasoning they haven’t integrated them yet?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV Brands

LG made a Roku tv model. 

https://zmcommunications.com/roku-tv-brains-now-available-on-lg-tvs-at-best-buy/

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Large well-established companies are typically willing to look at other companies as component suppliers, but typically unwilling to let a component supplier directly affect their UI in any way. Ie: they've got people who do that, their UI is part of their brand etc.  On the other hand, if you're a young hungry company and someone offers you a software stack and now all you have to do is source a screen and some other generic TV components, that's pretty attractive.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Rozale wrote:

Just a general question, not sure anyone know. But why hasn’t Vizio , Sony , or LG release TVs with integrated Roku OS yet? 

I like the TCL Roku TVs I have now, but I would love to buy non Chinese branded Roku TV.

has Roku attempted to partner with these guys yet? Anyone know the reasoning they haven’t integrated them yet?

Sony is deep in the Android TV OS, so they'd never consider it. Vizio would be a good prospect, but I suspect that Roku doesn't reach out to the manufacturers. The TV makers probably come to them. 

I've had my Sharp 4K Roku TV since about October 2017, and it's been flawless. I just wish there was a Roku TV remote that had a numeric keypad for direct channel access. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rozale
Level 7

Cool thanks for the insights guys!

LG did make one way back, but doesn’t seem like they do anymore.

I think Vizio would be a perfect partner for Roku as well, their OS is junk Smiley Sad

0 Kudos