Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medpharm
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming stick+, where is the shift button to capitalize letters on the tv keypad

Using the Roku Streaming Stick+ and adding channels putting in passwords with a Capital letter, I cannot locate the shift key.    There is no upward arrow and the * doesn't work.   What can I do?   Do I have to change passwords to all lower case?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming stick+, where is the shift button to capitalize letters on the tv keypad

So for enabling Channels I dont think you need to capitalize. Try it with out that.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming stick+, where is the shift button to capitalize letters on the tv keypad

This will vary with however each channel has configured their virtual keyboard.  For instance for Disney + and several others the shift is to the right of the number pad, with a box beside an up-arrow where you toggle a checkmark on/off.  On Apple TV there are two buttons at the top of the virtual keyboard showing "abc" and "ABC", for upper and lower case, respectfully.  Other channels may have their own formats.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
tmefoy
Reel Rookie

what about just for entering a password?

I had issue with inputting upper case letters for a YouTube link using my Roku tv remote.  There was no way to select upper case letters on the remote.  I could access the alpha lower case and the numeric fields plus the usual punctuation symbols but not upper case letters.  There were community suggestions to use * or “ to turn on upper case but nothing worked.  I downloaded the Roku app onto my IPad,  paired the app to my Roku stick on the USB port of my TV, then used the app on my IPad with the alpha numeric symbols and found the shift key and was then able to input upper case letters much like the querty on a keyboard.  Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos

I figured it out! After effing around with this for a couple of weeks I finally got it!

While you're entering the password, you'll notice that when the cursor is on any given letter, a capital version of the same letter appears above the letter your cursor is on. For instance if your cursor is on the letter g you'll notice there is a capital G which appears above it.

Arrow up to the capital letter when it appears and select it.

Good luck!

0 Kudos