Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming stick+, where is the shift button to capitalize letters on the tv keypad

Using the Roku Streaming Stick+ and adding channels putting in passwords with a Capital letter, I cannot locate the shift key.    There is no upward arrow and the * doesn't work.   What can I do?   Do I have to change passwords to all lower case?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Streaming stick+, where is the shift button to capitalize letters on the tv keypad

So for enabling Channels I dont think you need to capitalize. Try it with out that.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Streaming stick+, where is the shift button to capitalize letters on the tv keypad

This will vary with however each channel has configured their virtual keyboard.  For instance for Disney + and several others the shift is to the right of the number pad, with a box beside an up-arrow where you toggle a checkmark on/off.  On Apple TV there are two buttons at the top of the virtual keyboard showing "abc" and "ABC", for upper and lower case, respectfully.  Other channels may have their own formats.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos