Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcyB
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ won't take any app passwords

I bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ on Saturday. I had no problem setting it up at all. However, I can't get it to accept passwords for apps. I've tried YouTube and Netflix, and both give the error that the password is wrong. But it isn't. I used the app on the iPad to do it, and copied the passwords from LastPass, so I know they are correct. I also tried using just the remote - no luck. I can log into YouTube and use Chromecast no problem. I just signed up for Netflix yesterday - I really don't want to have to download that app to see if it works without the Roku. I looked on the computer desktop login to see if I could log into the apps there but could not find a way to do it. I bought the Roku to consolidate, but if it won't take passwords, I'm going to return it. Any ideas? Thanks, Marcy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ won't take any app passwords

Just to be sure -- the passwords you are entering are the passwords for those services and not the password for your Roku account?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
MarcyB
Level 7

Yes, that is correct. The iPad app did ask for the Roku login, which I did. Then I chose each app on the TV and tried to log in using each one's password. It did not take either one. I tried YouTube on Saturday (just on the app because it is a complex password to try to type with the remote), and Netflix on Sunday (on both the app and using the remote as the password was easier to type) after I signed up for streaming (I already had DVDs). I hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MarcyB
Level 7

I got a response from Roku support. They had me restart the stick and then all seemed OK. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos