Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Streaming Stick+ network connectivity issues, I think related to 9.3 update

My Roku says the wireless connection is great but the apps don't work because it's not connected to the network. I restart my device and then restarted the router but nothing changed. I looked at other posts on here and a lot of them talked about the 9.3 update and this same problem. My device says it's still on version 9.2.0 and it checked for updates earlier this afternoon. I tried to manually check for the update but it won't allow me to since it won't connect to network.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ network connectivity issues, I think related to 9.3 update

Try it in this order:
Restart the router.
Restart the Roku after the router comes back up.
Set up net connection via Settings > Network > Set up connection.

If that doesn't get it go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Then set up your network connection again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ network connectivity issues, I think related to 9.3 update

I did the things you suggested and neither of those things worked so I started looking more into my own internet. This is where the problem was - I had to flush the DNS. Roku is now working properly but it still hasn't detected the update. However, I'm not going to mess with it anymore since everything seems to be okay and I'll just let it do it's own thing! 

0 Kudos