Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick No longer working

On  the Roku support page it provides the following information:  "COVID-19 update - Our customer support agents are unable to answer phone calls or chats at this time. Please email our support team and they will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

When you click on the more details link it does not take you anywhere useful or provide an email address for the support team.  I need help as I think one of my Roku streaming sticks (purchased November 2019) is no longer working.  Can someone help me?  Also - why don't you provide an email address for your support team that is easy to find if that is the only way to contact you at this time?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streaming Stick No longer working

@billybob12 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please specific what is the issue with your Roku Streaming Stick? With more information we will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just happened to me. I rebooted the 3 year old Roku, nothing, but I noticed "unsupported device" from start up. It happened before, if that's your problem, reboot your modem. EVERYONE is online! I know you'll hate it but reboot will help your router find your "lost" Roku. I'm back in! Try...WTH?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, I have one Roku streaming stick that does not work.  I have tried restarting the stick and my modem/router several times.  I have also tried the bad Roku stick on other TV's that have a functioning Roku stick (exact same make/model) just to make sure it's not an issue with signal strength in that location.  In addition, all other wireless devices in my home, including the other Roku sticks are working flawlessly. 

When I reboot this particular Roku stick it is painfully slow to start up and go through each screen, first to search for wireless networks, then when I select a wireless network, it takes a super long time for the screen to show up to enter the password, when I try to enter the password the screen is locking up every few seconds, after that it takes a long time and then I finally get an error message that the Roku stick can not connect to the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just intuition, it may be time for replacement. No help from Roku? So sorry, frustrating, esp now. Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Level 7

Hi RokuDanny,

When I reboot this particular Roku stick it is painfully slow to start up and go through each screen, first to search for wireless networks, then when I select a wireless network, it takes a super long time for the screen to show up to enter the password, when I try to enter the password the screen is locking up every few seconds, after that it takes a long time and then I finally get an error message that the Roku stick can not connect to the internet.

I have tried restarting the stick and my modem/router several times.  I have also tried the bad Roku stick on other TV's that have a functioning Roku stick (exact same make/model) just to make sure it's not an issue with signal strength in that location.  In addition, all other wireless devices in my home, including the other Roku sticks are working flawlessly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@billybob12 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos