Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick Model 3800X Restarts , No signal

Hello, Im tired of this doing these things ..

1. Restarts on its own

2. Now shows no signal, even trying to restart , unplug to work, then i had to use my old RCA Roku, omg that was terrible to watch compared to HDMI , after 2.5 - 3hrs, i retried the stick and it worked, and if ur gonna say update software, how can u update software when u get no signal ??

3. Remote control batteries will get weak, and roku will stop working ( WTH would you design that Freakn' way ?!!

4. How to stop " ARe you still watching ? " pops up ! How the blank shut that **bleep** off , if designed that way then give the customer the option to turn it off !

5.plugin the stick goes to at time CC  closed caption **bleep** !

Model : 3800X    Soft. : 9.2.0  Build : 4806-55

" PP "
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Model 3800X Restarts , No signal

@PwrPak 

Thanks for the information.

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV or is it plugged into a wall out with the provided cable and adapter?

The issue you are experiencing is the Bandwidth Saver feature. This can be toggled through Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver > Off. For more information about the Bandwidth Saver, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Lastly, in regards to your remote, if your remote is experiencing battery drain, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos