Flokic
Binge Watcher

Roku Streambar + Logitech Harmony

Jump to solution

Hi guys, so I got a Streambar, my Logitech Harmony Hub found it, so far so good, everything was working fine but then I realized the Volume and Mute buttons were not working in Harmony. The Harmony can learn commands but only IR by pointing the original remote at the hub, this didn't work, probably because the original Roku remote doesn't send IR commands, so how am I gonna get the Harmony to mute and control the volume!? Anyone figured this out?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Flokic
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Streambar + Logitech Harmony

Jump to solution

Thank you, I managed to teach the commands to Harmony by following your advice but I still can't get it to work. I'm guessing that volume commands are IR commands and therefore require that the Harmony Hub be in the same room as the device, the remaining commands don't need this. Also, which isn't helpful, I have the streambar plugged to a computer monitor, so no CEC.

Bottom line, I believe my only solution is to get a Harmony Hub exclusively for the office where I have the Streambar at.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes the Roku soundbar remote is wifi so you can't teach when its communicating via wifi. Test this by pointing the remote at the cellphone camera when pressing a button, no flashes. 

BUT! Unplug the power cord from the Roku soundbar, now test the volume and mute keys via the cellphone, you now see flashes because it changed to IR, and now you can use it to teach the Harmony. Plugging the power cord back in the roku remote will switch back to wifi. But it still can receive the IR commands from the harmony remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Also if you have connected right, you don't need the roku streambar volume commands, all you need is tv volume commands, which will control streambar via hdmi-cec. The streambar volume commands control tv volume and tv commands control the streambar. So long as you have either of them in your universal remote should control it.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Flokic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you, I managed to teach the commands to Harmony by following your advice but I still can't get it to work. I'm guessing that volume commands are IR commands and therefore require that the Harmony Hub be in the same room as the device, the remaining commands don't need this. Also, which isn't helpful, I have the streambar plugged to a computer monitor, so no CEC.

Bottom line, I believe my only solution is to get a Harmony Hub exclusively for the office where I have the Streambar at.

0 Kudos
wongerj

Jump to solution

This worked for me, setting the volume up, volume down and mute buttons on the harmony remote via the hub to be controlled by the TV worked! Thnks @Tivoburkee 

0 Kudos
pudd

Jump to solution

Edmond, saw your post concerning Roku Streambar and Harmony. I have a Harmony 900. Cannot get the program to read the Streambar's remote commands. Are you saying unplug the Streambar then try programming it?

Also, how do you find a Roku on the list of devices in Harmony software. Nothing seems to apply for a Roku.

0 Kudos