Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sendil
Level 7

Roku Stick on the Fritz

My 4K Roku Stick is acting’s very strangely. It stopped in the middle of my program and put me into the remote set-up page. It was still responsive to the remote, but anytime I navigated away from the remote set-up page it would just pop me back over to the remote set up page. It was varying amounts of time. Sometimes it would send me over in a couple of seconds, other times it would go 5+ minutes. 

I have tried unplugging the stick, changing it’s port, switching the phone app... nothing changed.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

TIA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sendil
Level 7

Re: Roku Stick on the Fritz

I also tried setting up the remote again, and that also did nothing

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sendil 

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue happen on a specific channel or does this happen regardless the channel you are watching?

Also, how are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JMusick
Level 7

I am also having some issues. The "back" button is on the fritz. I am also having issues stated below.  "It stopped in the middle of my program and put me into the remote set-up page. It was still responsive to the remote, but anytime I navigated away from the remote set-up page it would just pop me back over to the remote set up page." I will say, I own the "original" first generation. Is it time for me to upgrade or can I fix the existing issue? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If it was truly the "original" it wouldn't have a Back button, but if it's that old it's probably not worth investing any money in it unless you can find a universal remote at the dollar store.  That's about all I'd be willing to put into it given all the sales going on right now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos