Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodo24

Roku Stick+ VS Roku Premiere for Airplay 2?

Jump to solution

I want to buy a Roku JUST for having the possibility of doing Airplay 2 with my Macbook (Apple TV it's too expensive). It's, therefore, better a Roku Stick+ or Roku Premiere for this usage? which one works better with Airplay 2?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Stick+ VS Roku Premiere for Airplay 2?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Both devices will have Airplay functionality. If you are looking to compare what other features/functionality each of those devices will specifically have, we recommend taking a look at our Product page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

For more information about Airplay on Roku devices, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Both devices will have Airplay functionality. If you are looking to compare what other features/functionality each of those devices will specifically have, we recommend taking a look at our Product page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

For more information about Airplay on Roku devices, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Premiere is lower cost, mostly because it doesn't come with a WiFi Direct remote and only a single band WiFi radio. If you want to use 5 GHz WiFi, you have to get a Stick or the Ultra. The new Express 4K also has dual band WiFi, but only the 4K+ has the WiFi remote. I picked one up a couple of weeks and and it worked great for my travel Roku.

As far as AirPlay, they should be pretty much equal.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.