Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demtro
Level 7

Roku Stick Keeps turning TV on

I just purchased a Roku Stick for my son's room.  He has a older Sylvania LCD TV 1080i.  We were able to plug it in and setup it up without a problem, however when we turn off the TV, the TV turns back on automatically within seconds.  We have tried moving the Roku stick to another HDMI port on the TV and it still turns on automatically as soon as we turn it off.  I have confirmed that the Roku stick has the latest firmware.   We have an identical Roku stick on our TV in our bedroom and it works just fine.   Any advice on what we might be able to do to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Roku Stick Keeps turning TV on

Look through the menu on both the TV and the Roku for 'HDMI CEC'.  Your TV manufacturer might call it something else though.  Basically the TV watches the input for activity and then turns on.
0 Kudos
flesner
Level 7

This issue can be solved by turning off the “Contol other devices” setting. From the Roku home screen, click on “Settings,” then on “System,” then on “Control other devices.” Click the “1-touch play” box so that there is no check mark in the box, and back out of the menus to the Home screen. This should solve the issue. 
0 Kudos
ryno886
Level 7

What flesner said works like a charm. This answer was harder to find than I would have guessed for such a simple solution. 
0 Kudos

Hello , my new Roku Express + was doing the same thing,would keep turning tv back on .. I will do what the gentalmen suggests.. thanks for the information
0 Kudos