Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HikerGirl
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick - Favorite Channels

I have a Roku stick and noticed that I'm no longer able to add a channel as a favorite (clicking the station and then the "*"). I've searched around in settings but I don't see an option there. Can someone help? How do I edit (add/delete) favorite channels?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stick - Favorite Channels

@HikerGirl 

Verify that you are all the way to the left of the Roku Channel Live TV guide before pressing * button.  You need to be on the name of the channel, not on a program.

When you press the * button while on the channel name, you should have the options of Favorite this Channel, Hide this Channel, Manage Channels, Filter, and Close.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
HikerGirl
Reel Rookie

Thanks! But it looks like they have changed the way favorites are managed. The method you've described is how I did it in the past. I'm not sure when this changed but now I go to the channel press the * and it appears to open up the program on that channel. Let's just say it's "People's Court". I use the arrows to scroll to the right for the options for that program and then I see "favorite". I thought at first that this was making the program itself a favorite. I doesn't. By selecting "favorite" down there you can make a channel a favorite (or unfavorite if the channel if needed).

New way is kinda not obvious. But at least I figured it out.

Thanks!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@HikerGirl 

Different Channels/apps have different ways of selecting "favorites".  The procedure you describes is similar to Pluto method.  Other Channels/apps also use that method.

I thought you were asking about Roku Channel Live TV.   If so, not seeing this behavior on my Roku devices.

Glad you figured it out.  Just remember that this is not universal throughout all the different channels/apps available on the Roku platform.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
TracyF13

I am new to Roku.  

I've tried both methods of making a channel a "favorite", but never see a prompt to designate a channel as a favorite.  

I'd also like to know how to hide channels.

Can you help?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @TracyF13

Thank you for the post.

I'm happy to help! Here's how to add channels to your favorites and how to hide channels on Roku:

To add a channel to your favorites:

• Navigate to the channel you want to add to your favorites.
  • Press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
  • Select "Add to Favorites" from the menu.
  • The channel will now be listed in your favorites.

To hide a channel:

• Navigate to the channel you want to hide.
  • Press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
  • Select "Remove channel" from the menu.
  • The channel will now be removed from your home screen and will not appear in your channel list.

Note: If you want to unhide a channel, you can do so by going to your Roku account settings on the web and selecting "Manage subscriptions." From there, you can view a list of your hidden channels and unhide them as desired.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos