Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj9
Level 7

Roku Software ver. 9.4.0 build 4190-50 broke Samsung q90t OneRemote control (CEC HDMI)

Model 3810X Roku Streaming Stick + ( purchased new 10/14/20 )

Roku was able to be controlled by the Samsung Q90T " OneRemote" prior to roku autoupdate to 9.4.0 build 4190-50. 

Verified CEC hdmi is on on TV , Tried all remaining HDMI ports, Factory Reset ROKU.......still not working.

Next tried our other older Roku 3920X Roku Premiere, Software Version 9.4.0 build 4190-91 with the Samsung Q90T . The "one remote" connected and works fine with this older ROKU. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dj9
Level 7

Re: Roku Software ver. 9.4.0 build 4190-50 broke Samsung q90t OneRemote control (CEC HDMI)

No response ? .....well it's still not working......is there a newer build....it worked fine before the update and an older roku with 9.4 will work fine...... the reason I don't swap places with older one is because the roku stick has much better wifi reception.

Is there away to turn off updates?

Is roku allowed to force updates? The reason i ask is because all of my other gear has the option to turn off upates. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Software ver. 9.4.0 build 4190-50 broke Samsung q90t OneRemote control (CEC HDMI)

Sorry, but there's no way to turn off updates via Roku settings.  Send a PM to @RokuDanny-R and you may be able to get this noticed by someone at Roku.

You can always go into Settings->System->System update to check for an update, but updates are generally automatically installed overnight.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dj9 

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along the information you have provided to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dj9
Level 7

Thanks for the response guys! I'll keep checking back.

I was thinking of getting another stick but if the update cannot be prevented it won't help except maybe more indication of problem with the build.

0 Kudos
dj9
Level 7

Got a new roku stick+ (3810x).....it updated to 9.4.0 build 4190-50 as soon as it started setup.

Samsung remote still cannot control this roku.

Hooked Roku Premiere up to Samsung ..... samsung one remote works.

Moved the new Roku Stick+ to an LG C9 with it's "Magic Remote" .

LG's Magic Remote will not control Roku Stick+. 

Moved Roku Premiere to LG C9 and it's Magic Remote works.

Why can't the Roku Stick+ be controlled by either the Samsung or LG remotes?Shouldn't it be able to thru hdmi cec?

0 Kudos