Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Netanelhe
Level 7

Roku Premiere connection problem - build 4200 VS 4190

Hi,

I purchased 2 Roku Premiere devices (exact model).

The first one I activated last week. It works fine.

The second one, I activated today. Same setup, under the same netwrok, connected to the same hardware. Not working - I cant mirror cast from my phone nor from pc. They do recognise the Roku, however fail to connect (from the first Roku I do it successfully).

By the way, during the get start procees (of the second ptoblematic Roku), the device succeeded to connect to network, underwent the link to account process but in the end of the I got a message: Error - An error prevented some channels from installing. To try again, go to the home screen and from 'Settings' select 'System update'.

The only difference between the 2 devices - different build of Version 9.4.0: The first one that works has build 4910-91. The second one that doesn't work has build 4200-91.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this issue? Maybe downgrade the version build somehow or change somthing in the defintions.

Thanks in advance.

Nati.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
PlanetCheyyy
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere connection problem - build 4200 VS 4190

I’m having the same problem! i’ve been searching deep in the internet and yours was the only one similar. i wish there was an answer to this problem, because i don’t know as well. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
rudi400
Level 7

I am having the same exact problem. My Roku premiere plus located in the living room stopped working all of a sudden the other day. It's unable to detect my WiFi after working fine for several years now. Has build 4200

I have another Roku stream stick plus in my garage. That one was working fine. Had build 4194-50. I then updated it to build 4200 (same as my other Roku premiere in the living room) and now the stream stick doesn't work anymore either. Experiencing the same problem of not being able to detect and connect to the WiFi

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@rudi400, does your router use OpenWRT?  Are you using 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rudi400
Level 7

2.4GHz I don't know if my router uses OpenWRT. I have a Netgear c6250 cable modem WiFi router. 

My Roku premiere plus was working just fine before. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I would say it's unlikely it's using OpenWRT.  You would probably have had to install it yourself if it's even possible.  All I can suggest is to go into the router settings and try different channels.  Make sure it's using one from 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos