Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snoopytv
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ Incompatible Video Signal

I have a Roku Premiere+. It has been working forever. Tonight when I went to turn it on the Roku letters come on and bounce. Then the tv goes black (it does say 720) then a screen pops up that says  Incompatible Video Signal. I have unplugged and replugged both the HDMI and the power. Many times. No luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
thm412
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere Incompatible Video Signal

I have the exact same problem.  It's an older Sharp Aquos 45 in 1080 capable lcd.  It was working fine a few months ago.  Unplugged it to save some bandwidth usage since Comcast started to meter and now I get "incompatible video signal."  Bouncing Roku splash screen sows up when it's plugged in.  Audio is fine.

Unplugged it a number of times. Roku works on other tv's.  Cable box works on the Sharp tv.  

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@thm412 

The only Sharp Aquos I see was the LC-45GD1E.  If so, then your manual is here... https://www.manualslib.com/manual/546089/Sharp-Aquos-Lc-45gd1e.html

I was going to just say to do a soft reset of TV (Unplug for 10 min or so) followed by factory reset of your TV, if needed, to see if this cures your issue since the Premiere works on your other TVS.  Here is a link for that as well instead of me describing it.  https://www.click4infos.com/how-to-reset-sharp-aquos-tv/

But then I came across this tech help site with a 32in Aquos with a Roku Express incompatible video problem.  https://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/fi0w8-sharp-aquos-lc32d44u-connected-roku-express-via.html    I think the tech condemned the board a little early though since he only had user do a Video Reset rather than a Full Hard Reset like the instructions provided above.  Since you are seeing the bouncing logo, it is hopefully just a Video Setting at the TV itself.  Maybe with the Owner Manual above, you can compare it to how you have your TV setup and remember your last known working settings.  If you can't find a setting that may be the culprit, I would do the Hard Reset, unless others have some options for you or know this TV.

Hope this helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@thm412

Thanks for the post.

If the Roku device works on other TVs, then it would appear that the issue is the connection with the TV that you are experiencing the issue with. Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos