Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help7
Level 7

Roku Premiere Heating Up

I wish there was someone I could talk to and not have to make a post about. But I recently been having issues with the Roku Premiere heating up now and the message popping up on my screen. I have followed all the instructions. Unplugged, moved it, got the extended HDMI even though it is not a stream stick, watched Youtube videos, saw the little hack to see the Roku temperature and it still keeps heating up. 

The strange part is that is never was like this. It was always in the same spot and I had no issues. I don't know what else to do about this. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
User_2020
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere Heating Up

I have been having the same issue.  Any news on your issue? I tried to see how to contact Roku themselves, but it looks futile.  All of a sudden my Roku just overheats and I also get the warning.  The only way it works is to put a fan on it? I thought it was an app, so I removed it, not luck.  I also did a factory reset and that did not help either.  I love the Roku, but I am very weary to purchase a replacement if this issue will keep occurring.  I overall have 3 actively running, so far only one is having the issue.  

0 Kudos
Help7
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere Heating Up

Yeah I have to put like ice on it to keep it down in temperate. I tried looking myself for support. The only interaction I see is when you post, sometimes a Roku employee will reply. I haven't even had my Roku for a year. I do have other Roku products such as the TVs with it built in. But this is strange for me and really don't want to go buy another one if I am going to have the same issues just months later. 

Hopefully a Roku employee will reply to us here. I have not seen anyone else post about the same issue I am having where nothing has changed to my Roku and it decided to just start overheating. 

0 Kudos