Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eutomaluco
Reel Rookie

Roku OTA antenna streaming device

Hey guys,

Do you know if Roku is planning to launch an OTA streaming device like Tablo or Air Tv capable of integrating an OTA HDTV antenna with Roku Live TV and send the signal to multiple Roku devices? I know right now the Live TV input allows you to integrate an OTA antenna with Roku tv/Pluto tv but you need an antenna per Roku, or per TV. It will be great if you can come up with your own model that will integrate multiple device OTA antenna streaming and DVR capabilities at the same time.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku OTA antenna streaming device

I don't know, but if I did, NDA would prevent me from telling. So, no one with knowledge of such could answer.

Personally, I don't expect Roku to come up with a device that would include a TV tuner. Roku TVs have them, but Roku doesn't build Roku TVs. If they were interested in that, I suspect they would already have that.

Roku is more into services (The Roku Channel, Roku Pay, etc) and advertising revenue (ad-supported Roku Channel, ad network for developers, etc). Investing in hardware would be a large expense and, I suspect, a long time before they recouped the cost. Consider that other companies, such as Air TV and Tablo, have apps for Roku (Air TV via Sling TV) to accomplish what you're after. I don't think it will happen. But, I could be wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos