Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatoldpig
Reel Rookie

Roku OS 10.5.0 update breaks Stremium app for all SlingTV channels

After the OS 10.5.0 update, I can't get to any SlingTV channels using Stremium app. I have Roku Streaming Stick+ and Roku Premiere. I tried removing the app, restarting Roku and reinstalling app. I don't see any option to downgrade to OS 10.0.

Please help.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: Roku OS 10.5.0 update breaks Stremium app for all SlingTV channels

Daily reminder- Roku broke who knows how many of their products with a bad firmware update weeks/months ago (depending on model) and so far are not rolling back affected broken sets. Signal strength is botched causing ota TV hard to watch, the in set program guide no longer populates any data, Disney+ and paramount+ (paid services) are broken for many of us. Rolling back firmware fixed these issues for all of us but the units update themselves back to broken firmware. 15 pages and counting of complaints for over a month and no answers from anyone, mods hands are clearly tied, nobody has the power or the will to address the massive problem. If you want to literally have months of broken products out of every year, this is the company for you! 

fatoldpig
Reel Rookie

There should be options to disable auto update and downgrade. 

Musoka
Roku Guru

This isn't the first time their firmware has severely crippled a less than one year old product for me. I cannot believe I need to do it but after an update I'll either block roku on my network top to bottom or I'll just buy another streaming device from another company and take my TV offline completely. If they broke this much for this many people, how long before an update turns my TV into a paperweight. I genuinely don't trust this company anymore

fatoldpig
Reel Rookie

Where is Roku customer service? I'm getting very disappointed with Roku products.

0 Kudos