Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dathead2
Roku Guru

Roku OS 10.0.0 build 4195 working ok on Ultra 4660X

No NEW problems at least!!  Still !?$# roku media player hangs in middle of songs (but is much better since last OS 9.4.xrelease. I can now restart the song without having to completely exit RMP and start all over) and the one second missing at beginning of every song still an issue. 

No volume control issues. No mkv playback issues. 

Have not done exhaustive testing but seems ok for me so far

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gary-94080
Roku Guru

Re: Roku OS 10.0.0 build 4195 working ok on Ultra 4660X

that's interesting, your still on build 4195 and I have had build 4198 since 5/20/21.

I can also report that the screen saver issue has still not been resolved.

since it came out that some of the RMP issues may be OS issues I get the feeling that they may have been orphaned and no one is working on them.

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Still on build 4195 as of June 1st. Have not checked for update (never do)

indeed is OS related because as I mentioned I think in another thread my RMP behavior changed (oddly it improved!) at same RMP version when went from OS 9.4.x to 9.4.y (sorry don’t recall value of x and y) the mid song hangs (which do seem to happen more often on >7 min songs) became recoverable from. Can hit back button now after song hang, before app was so wedged had to relaunch again and traverse to the directory I was in.  

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Roku Guru

recently this is my experience with my Roku.  check to see if there is an update.  if no, then turn it off.

when there is an update I will test it to see if the screensaver issue has been resolved.  since that involves playing two tracks to see if it stops I have not wanted to invest too much time and I use folders that have shorter tracks.  I have not tested RMP with long files in quite a while.

when I first got the Ultra if asked I would absolutely recommend getting one.  now I would have to give a highly qualified response.  the first among them is be prepared to look for workarounds 

that reminds me of the thread that had the RMP/screensaver issue as solved.  the solution was to turn off the screensaver.  my workaround is to stop using the Roku.

the only reason I still have the Roku is that I have enough HDMI ports to keep it attached.  otherwise I probably would have trashed, donated or given it away.  the primary reason I got a Roku was at the time it was the only streaming platform that Xfinity Stream was verified to work on.  now there are other options.

0 Kudos