Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku NOT Allowing devices to connect to AirPlay, but its on 9.4 and AirPlay shows in settings??

I have a 2020 6 series TCL on 9.4 and can see AirPlay in the settings of the tv. But neither my iPhone 11 nor MacBook Pro (16” 2020) will stream to it. When I click AirPlay on either device, it doesn’t show the TCL at all. 

BUT If I go into the settings on the TCL Roku tv however, if I change “Require Code” between any of the options, suddenly my TV will show up on my iPhone/Mac. If I click on it to connect though, it just does the ‘circle waiting’ motion (is there a word for this lol) and then eventually says “Unable to connect to TCL TV.” Then it disappears entirely from the options, unless I back out of the AirPlay settings screen on the TV and then go back into the settings and try to change the Require Code to something else. I have tried using the Require Password option but it doesn’t change anything, my Apple devices still just time out.

So to emphasize: the devices only ever see the TV when I’m IN the AirPlay settings menu on the TV. And never connects. I tried audio airplay, I tried screen sharing, nothing, just times out. And I have selected the “Unpair all devices” on the Roku AirPlay menu, even tho no devices were ever paired in the first place, and it doesn’t change anything.

0 Kudos