Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sj20924
Binge Watcher

Roku Media Player feature request - ability to see thumbnail previews during rewind and fast forward

In Roku Media Player, it would really help to have some sort of thumbnail preview when rewinding and fast forwarding a video. Otherwise, you're pretty much doing it blindly, and it's impossible to know where you are in the video, especially when you're trying to find a certain spot in the video.

8 REPLIES 8
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Media Player feature request - ability to see thumbnail previews during rewind and fast for

@RokuChris is now the person leading RMP, so he's the one you need to make the suggestion to. Not certain it's possible with the way that RMP functions, but it would be a nice thing to have. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
sj20924
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Media Player feature request - ability to see thumbnail previews during rewind and fast for

I'm new to the forums.  What do you mean when you say to make the suggestion him? Do you mean PM him directly? Or somehow tag him in my post? Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes, I suggest a PM. He'll be notified by my tagging him in the message, but it' always good to send something like this direct as well.

To send a him a PM (private message) click on @RokuChris 's name where you see it, select view profile, then click on the purple private message button when his profile appears. 

Dan

0 Kudos
sj20924
Binge Watcher

Ok, will do.  Thanks!

Searay54

I agree...there should be a video thumbnail of what your fast forwarding or rewinding to see where you are in the program.  Is this available in the pay channels?  as in, you can't skip the commercials in the free video?   I just cut the cable cord and woulld like to maximize our ROKU.  Any input will be much appreciated.   

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Searay54 wrote:

I agree...there should be a video thumbnail of what your fast forwarding or rewinding to see where you are in the program.  Is this available in the pay channels?  as in, you can't skip the commercials in the free video?    

Most channels do have a thumbnail preview during FF/RW operations, but not all. The ones with free, ad-supported content will not allow you to fast forward through the commercials. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Is there a way to enable the preview function?  It doesn’t work on any of my channels/apps 

0 Kudos
atc98092

No, it's either permitted in the app or it isn't. There's no setting for it. 

Dan

0 Kudos