Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Media Player 5.0 broken

Set your tv sleep timer. My experience is that within 3 minutes of the TV being powered off, the RMP kicks back to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@huguetguy wrote:

That is an asinine approach to software development, typical waterfall project manager thinking...dates over working software!

If you are going to diagnose the problem with their software development process, it is more likely the result of not having a decent QA department, or having the QA person answering to the project manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Ever since they updated it, it doesn't work with TVersity Media Server. (Using it for movie files)

Why? Don't fix what isn't broken!! Bring back the previous version!!! PLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@awb555 wrote:

Ever since they updated it, it doesn't work with TVersity Media Server. (Using it for movie files)

Why? Don't fix what isn't broken!! Bring back the previous version!!! PLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE

They have said the previous version cannot be restored. They didn't say why, but my guess is there's something that was used to code the old version that has been depreciated, and will no longer work. The developers were on a deadline to replace the old version. 

I'm not familiar with TVersity, so I downloaded the free version. It seems to work fine on my server.  

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

They have said the previous version cannot be restored. They didn't say why, but my guess is there's something that was used to code the old version that has been depreciated, and will no longer work. The developers were on a deadline to replace the old version. 

I'm not familiar with TVersity, so I downloaded the free version. It seems to work fine on my server.  

How?? 

All my Roku says is to connect to a dlna.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@awb555 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

How?? 

I can't say. I installed TVersity, linked a couple of media folders, then checked in RMP and it was there and played media. I didn't play with any settings in TVersity. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

How?? 

I can't say. I installed TVersity, linked a couple of media folders, then checked in RMP and it was there and played media. I didn't play with any settings in TVersity. 

Yeah that's all I've ever done too.. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both with no luck.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@awb555 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

How?? 

Yeah that's all I've ever done too.. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both with no luck.  

Are you sure your firewall isn't blocking it on your server - and that you have the server and roku on the same network?

You could give plex a try.  It should act as a dlna server for RMP as well as being able to use its own client.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@lesmikesell wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@awb555 wrote:

How?? 

Are you sure your firewall isn't blocking it on your server - and that you have the server and roku on the same network?

You could give plex a try.  It should act as a dlna server for RMP as well as being able to use its own client.

My firewalls are open to it. My LG 4K TV can see TVersity/Plex.

Roku says the same thing, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@awb555 wrote:

Roku says the same thing, 

Weirdly, I checked my TCL roku TV to make sure the media player could see my plex server.  It couldn't.  Then I restarted it and it did not connect back to my wifi even though other things were still connected.  I ended up restarting my wifi router and the TV reconnected by itself.   No idea what caused that, but once things were working again, RMP does see DLNA content from plex.

0 Kudos