Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Media Player 5.0 broken

How did you get your .srt files to work with .mkv,  they don't show up at all.  this new update is pissing me off.  

Highlighted

I'm with you. The reason I purchased my Roku TVs was the ability to plug in a USB drive and access my personal media files. This forced "update" has completely removed the single reason I use Roku. 

As long as this "update" is in effect, Roku is completely dead to me. It literally serves no purpose in even existing in my household unless it can access files via the USB.

I dug out a couple of old Western Digital Media Players and reconnected those to two of my TVs last night. I can still access my media files through the WD Media Players at least. But I sure as **bleep** don't need TVs with Roku built in to them anymore.

Highlighted
Level 7

App crashes out almost immediately. 

Secret screen says ERROR failed to mount USB device (tested it elsewhere and no device issues) 

Version 9.2.0.4804 on roku 3 (4200X)

Insanely annoying as this is used as a simple media center for the kids. 

Highlighted
Level 20

Just a note to everyone. Yes, this was tested before hand. But for some of us testers, we don't use them in the same way that you do, so it seems that there were some usage scenarios that were overlooked. But I have to say that streaming from my DLNA server hasn't been a problem for the last couple of beta versions. I haven't tested the production version yet, but I'll do that later today and get back with the Roku developer. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 16

Got ver 5 last night.  Ugh!  I use it to show photos and play music stored on my desktop computer running a DLNA server. 

Problems with the photo display I've found so far have been covered pretty well in earlier posts.

Two audio problems I haven't seen mentioned yet:

A "Loading" notification screen is shown while each audio file is loading.  That's okay while the first one is loading, or when manually jumping to the next file, I guess,  since the system hasn't had a chance to preload the next file into memory, but is a major distraction when automatically progressing from one file to the next.

The new layout when playing audio files places "Repeat All - [Off/On]" and "Shuffle - [Off/On]" controls at the top of the screen.  When not selected they are semi-transparent. For the first audio file played these are at the top, above any album art.  For subsequent audio files these controls drop down and overlay the album art, making both the controls and the album art hard to see.  They don't always do this but once they do they seem to stay there on subsequent files.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes same exact issue with the 9.2.0 build 4807-46

Sent email notice to ROKU they broke what was working fine.

Highlighted
Level 8

please provide an option for the updated media player to go into screensaver mode when playing audio files. I would rather see the Roku fish tank than Roku "Pong".

just so it doesn't get overlooked, make sure automatic track changes don't trigger it out of screensaver mode.

I do like that there is a way to advance in an audio file.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. It will play a video for a little bit and then cut out saying the media is no longer available. NEVER had this issue for the last couple of years I've used Roku Media Player. Not only that, but this latest version is SUPER SLOW! Terrible upgrade. ROKU NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP!

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same problem after updating to version 5.0 build 10.

Highlighted
Level 8

Yeah mine too! Loaded Media Player yesterday [14th May] & it worked perfectly last night but not today. Auto update has completely destroyed the usefulness of this unit. Cannot load anything from any of my NAS which I use constantly. Version 5 doesn't work at all.

Give users the option to roll it back to the previous version......NOW!