Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frazierr2

Roku Inputs from Roku Smart Soundbar

I just purchased a Roku Smart Soundbar to go with my TCL Roku TV. I know I can use the one remote to work the TV and the Soundbar, but is there a way to get the Roku Soundbar input to also show inputs such as TV or HDMI 2 (dvd player) without having to use the original TCL Roku TV Remote? I want to fully use the one remote for everything.

9 REPLIES 9
EssGal
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Inputs from Roku Smart Soundbar

Just wanted to chime in because this is the closest to the same prob we're having. The streambar requires the use of the remote that came with it but there are is no way to access TV inputs with the new remote. The streambar seems to recognize the ARC input as a cable box so does not recognize our antenna. But when I disable the cable input, the streambar doesn't work. Does ROKU mean "go around in circles" in some other language? This is a roku streambar being installed on a straight up roku tv. I can't imagine attempting it on some other brand tv.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

So the hdmi-arc input was renamed cable box previously, it doesn't mean its actually a cable box, add it back to the home screen of the roku tv, rename it streambar if you wish. But the arc input will always be that hdmi input, some roku tv's have arc as hdmi 1 where other models use hdmi 3. 

Only Roku tv's have input tiles because they are the only type roku with input ports. If you want to stop seeing the home screen without input tiles stop using the streambar remote, pressing tv power or any of the other keys will send you to the streambar home screen. If you like the wifi remote of the streambar, buy separate voice remote for your roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EssGal
Channel Surfer

I’m not sure if I explained my problem well but it’s not what I like to see on the Home Screen or being comfortable with a certain remote. 

The problem is when streambar is connected, we are unable to access our live  tv - the tile for the antenna disappears. 
The words (along with an icon) “Cable Box” appear briefly on the screen as if it’s telling me I’m now using my cable box. 
We can’t get our antenna channels when streambar is connected. And when streambar is connected, we can’t add it with an “input” control. 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EssGal

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a Roku TV or are you just using the Roku Soundbar? The Roku Soundbar will not have access to the antenna input, as that is only available on Roku TVs.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EssGal
Channel Surfer

As I said in my original post: "This is a roku streambar being installed on a straight up roku tv. I can't imagine attempting it on some other brand tv."

Yes, I do have a Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EssGal

Thanks for the clarification.

The antenna input will only be visible through your Roku TV home screen and won't be available through the Soundbar Home screen as the Soundbar does not have an antenna tuner.

It's important to make sure you are accessing the correct Home screen that you are experiencing an issue with, whether its the Roku TV home screen or your Soundbar.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EssGal
Channel Surfer

How is it possible to access 2 different home screens without disabling the streambar? By the way, I don't the difference between a sound bar and a streambar but I know they are 2 different things and I have a streambar.

But basically, I can't view our antenna channels using the streambar, correct? Back she goes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EssGal

Thanks for the follow up.

From what it sounds like, you need to be accessing the Roku TV Home screen and not the Roku Streambar. Please be aware that if you have a Roku Streambar paired to a Roku TV, you shouldn't have to keep switching between the two Roku Home screens, but simply use the Roku TV.

For more information about how to pair your Streambar to your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™ with my Roku TV™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sealed777

Please be aware that you will only need your Roku TV remote you will not need your Roku StreamBar remote if you already have a Roku TV. You have to connect the streambar through the HDMI port labeled arc in order to get sound from your other input devices. You'll hear no sound from them if you connect it through the wrong HDMI port. Now all your inputs should work. I hope this helps.