Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e-walk
Channel Surfer

Roku Homepage search filter (Not accurate. Free movies avoid being listed) can this be fix?

Homepage (not the Roku app) show you can watch it for $1.99 on RB. Available to watch on other apps but not listed. Even the release date is wrong should be 2015.Homepage (not the Roku app) show you can watch it for $1.99 on RB. Available to watch on other apps but not listed. Even the release date is wrong should be 2015.

Roku Channel app (not the Homepage) it's FREE.Roku Channel app (not the Homepage) it's FREE.

Homepage (not the Roku app) only free on Hulu and not listing other apps.Homepage (not the Roku app) only free on Hulu and not listing other apps.

Free to watch on IMDb TV app.Free to watch on IMDb TV app.

Search results are inaccurate and I'm sure some of you are aware. Especially on the Homepage. You'll have to really do some digging to find what you want. I'll give you 2 examples you can look up for yourself.

1) [image #1-2] Go to Homepage search: Queen of Spade (The Dark Rite 2015) you'll find it but it's only on Redbox app for $1.99. It's not listing all the apps that has the movie or the trailer. To watch it free you have to go to The Roku Channel stream app then search for it. It will pop up there's 2 version English one released 2021 and this one is in Russian. VUDU app (can use online Walmart account to log in) has all 3 of the movies including trailers.

2) [image #3-4] A show called Wayward Pines (2015-2016). Go to the Homepage search for it, it shows some of the apps that has the show but not free except on Hulu. There's an app called IMDb TV that you'll need to download if you want to watch it for free. By luck, I found this show on this app. This app has no search option you can only scroll left and right similar to the Roku Channel app.

0 Kudos